What is Hypertension?
Hypertension is a long term medical condition, where blood applies too much pressure on the walls of blood vessels, also known as High Blood Pressure(HBP). There are many possible causes of hypertension, normally kidney problems, thyroid problems, alcohol intake and some other activities like eating pattern can cause this particular medical condition.
The Possible Causes of Hypertension:
We can not find the exact causes of hypertension, but below are some points and condition where your blood can strongly influence. However, it is a long term condition, starting from a young age to old.
- family history
- obstructive sleep apnea
- kidney problems
- thyroid problems
- some defects you are born with
- alcohol intake
- eating pattern
- Illegal drugs, such as cocaine and amphetamines
There are no exact symptoms of high blood pressure, you can’t simply feel hypertension. Sometimes the person with very high blood pressure get no signs or symptoms. So this is very important to check your blood pressure level regularly.
There is a number of risk factors that can give you extra doubt of increasing the blood pressure.
- Age: high blood pressure is seen commonly after the age of 60. And it is more common in men, women are likely to develop high blood pressure after the age of 65.
- Weight: Most common and very high-risk factor is your weight. If you have more weight on your body, then there is more chance.
- Less physical activity: If you are in the lifestyle, where you are hardly physically active all day, and you are doing this for a long time, then there is a chance that your heart rate can increase. And less physical activities can make you overweight.
- Tobacco: smoking and chewing tobacco can make your blood pressure high. Even the chemical used the tobacco product can damage your artery walls.
- Drinking much alcohol: Drinking too much alcohol can increase the chance of high blood pressure. After the age of 60, high alcohol consumption can make your heart damage.
- Stress: High level of stress can increase the blood pressure for temporary. And in the stress, if you eat much and use alcohol or tobacco product for relief, then this will give you hypertension.
This are the common possible causes, symptoms and risk factors of Hypertension. For more detailed information one should visit the clinic.