Chines smartphone maker company Umidigi has launched a new smartphone named Umidigi Z2 Pro with quad-cameras at Rs.20,650. The phone is not launched in India but some marketplace like Gearbest is shipping all these phones in the whole world.
Brand And Model
- Brand Name of the brand which manufactures the device.Umidigi
- Model Model name or number of the device.Umidigi Z2 Pro
- Weight0.1650 kg
- Colors Information about the colors, in which the device is available in the market.Black and twilight
Network And Technology
- Mobile Network Technology Information about types of mobile network used in the device. GSM, WCDMA, CDMA, TD-SCDMA, and LTE, TD-LTE.GSM / UMTS / LTE
- Display Size The mobile device is represented by the length of its diagonal which is measured in inches.6.2-inch
- Display Type Whether the display is IPS or LED or OLED or AMOLED - It simplifies the type of the display used in the device.IPS Display
- Display Features Information about the features of the display such as Capacitive touch, multitouch etc.Multitouch
- Resolution Display resolutions show the number of pixels on the horizontal and vertical side of the screen, higher the resolution is greater the details of the displayed content.1080 x 2160 Pixels
- Primary Camera Information about the rear camera of the device. Sensor type, image resolutions, video resolutions, Flash type and Video FPS.Dual 16+8MP
- Front Camera Information about the front side camera of the device. Image resolutions, Sensor type, Flash type, Video resolutions, Video FPS and other features.Dual 16+8MP
- Camera Features Information about additional software and hardware features of the primary and secondary camera, which improves its overall performance.Autofocus, LED Flash
- Video List of some common video formats supported by the device.30fps
Hardware and Software Details
- Chip-Set The chip-set integrates different hardware components such as the CPU, GPU, memory, peripherals, interfaces, etc. As well as the software functioning. MediaTek Helio P60
- Operating System Information about the operating system used by the device and its version. Android 8.1 Oreo
- CPU CPU is the Central Processing Unit or the processor of the device. Information about the type and cores of the processor used in the device.2.0GHz Octa-Core
- CPU Cores and Frequency Information about the quantity of the cores used in the processor of the device also frequency of the the processor. Cores:8
- RAM information about the RAM capacity, type, channels and its frequency. 6GB
- Internal Memory Information about the capacity of the inbuilt storage of the device. Sometimes some of the devices have a different variation in the terms of internal storage. 128GB
- Card Slot Information about the expandable storage of the deviceExpandable up to 256GB with MicroSD Card
- RAM Type Information about the type of the RAM used in the device.LPDDR3
- 3.5mm Jack Information, whether the device is having a 3.5mm audio jackYes
- Speakers Information about number of speakers and types of speaker used in the device.Yes
- Simulated Surround
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a standard for secure wireless data transfer between two Bluetooth enabled devices over short distances.v4.2
- USB Information about connector type, version, and features of the USB used in the device.Type C
- Wi-FI Information about frequency and capacity of the Wi-Fi signals.802.11 b/g/n
- Traking/Positioning Information about positioning and navigation technologies supported by the device.GPS / AGPS
- Sensors Information about the type of the sensors used in the device.Prixomity, Accelerometer, Light, Fingerprint Sensor
- Browser Information about some features and standards supported by the browser of the devices.HTML / HTML 5
- Battery Capacity The capacity of the battery shows the maximum charge, which it can store, measured in mili-Ampere hours.3550mAh
- Type The battery type is determined by its structure and more specifically by the chemical used in it. There are different battery types available, where some of the commonly used batteries are Li-Ion and Li-Polymer.Non-Removable Battery
Specific Absorption Rate
- SAR US This SAR rating and shows the maximum and highest level of the exposure to electromagnetic radiation taken when the device is placed near to ear. The applicable limit for the US is 1.6 W/Kg per 1g of tissue. In the US the FCC tests and sets the SAR limits of the all mobile devices, which are controlled by the CTIA. N|A
- SAR EU This SAR rating and shows the highest level of the exposure to electromagnetic radiation taken when the device is placed near to ear. The applicable limit for the EU is 2 W/Kg per 10g of tissue. The standards follow the ICNIRP Guidelines 1998 as well as the IEC standards and are determined by the CENELEC. N|A
- Sim Card Type Information about the type and size of the SIM card used in the device.Nano SIM
- No Of Sim Information about the SIM card quantity that can use in the device.Dual SIM
Releases & Availibility
- Released & Available Information about the availability of the device in the market and its launch date.Available, Released August 2018
- Extra Features If the device have any extra features which is unique among all other phones.N|A
Umidigi Z2 Pro Expert Thoughts
Starting with its design, the phone is made of metal with glass finish on the backside. Front side it is featured with notch display with very minimum bezels on the bottom side. Two camera sensor placed at the front notch along with the front speaker.
Rear side it has a dual rear camera in the vertical position along with dual LED flash. The fingerprint sensor is placed at just below the dual camera. The phone is currently available with Carbon Fiber and Twilight color options.
Talking of its performance, it is powered with MediaTek’s Helio P60 SoC which is launched this year from MediaTek with some of best new features. It has the total number of 8 cores available with up to 2.0GHz Octa-Core processor. It has Arm Mali G72 MP3 GPU with 3 cores and 800MHz of frequency. So in terms of the performance of this phone is super cool, but the price is a little bit higher in comparison with newly launched Poco F1 and Honor Play in India.
Coming to its display, it has a 6.2-inch FHD+ display with notch and 1080 x 2160 pixels resolutions. For storage, it has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB with an external MicroSD card. So in terms of storage, you will get good performance and Helio P60 SoC will handle storage perfectly.
On the optic side, the phone has quad camera option which will give you a fancy performance on the rear as well as front camera sensor. It has 16MP primary camera with the 8MP secondary camera on the rear and front side with Dual LED flash on the rear side.
On the connectivity front, it offers 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, USB type C and Bluetooth 4.2. It will give you dual Nano SIM slot with dedicated MicroSD card slot.
It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo OS out of the box. To keep its light on it is powered with 3550mAh non-removable battery.
Umidigi Z2 Pro Verdict:
Umidigi Z2 Pro is the best option if you want a phone with better camera option and fast performance. Price of the phone is a little bit higher, for Indian users, because Xiaomi India has launched Poco F1 with Snapdragon 845 SoC at only Rs.20,999. Also, you have one more option of Huawei Honor Play with HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC.